Amy's Treasury Challenge - The blog hop day

My dear friend Amy from Copper Diem has challenged us with something new - to create a piece of jewelry (any kind) inspired by a treasury, one specifically chosen for each participant.

The treasury she picked for me is called IN THE GARDEN and I really liked it from the first moment I saw it. I knew at first sight that I would create something white and green.


I wanted to challenge myself as well though. First thing that came to my mind was: "oh I could saw something from copper and then hammer it....." but.....I have neglected my beads. I am so in love with sawing metal right now that I do not want to touch my piles of beads anymore. No good. So my challenge for myself was: no metal. I need to say I had issues with coming up with something "just" out of beads. But in the end I decided for light and simple - something that I will wear.



The pendant is made from howlith and silver wire, with a technique that I learned in a class in Pam's Bead Garden in Plymouth, MI (we actually made bracelets with this technique). It is delicate and I did not want to add more / heavier stuff to it.


The ring is a glass ring that I have been keeping forever. I wrapped again some silver wire around it and added some dangles made of freshwater pearls, svarowski rounds, a lady bug and a dragonfly dangle.
I think they both turned out very cute.



Thanks Amy for making me play with my beads again.
Please visit Amy and the other people who played along and give them some love for all the pretty pieces they created:

Copper Diem
Fuego, metal y color
Silver Nik Nats
Beads and Bread
Copper Penny Designs
Green Shoot
Wild Sally Road
Mamas Got To Doodle
Beads for Busy Gals
EBS Jewellery
Cianci Blue
Beads for Brains
Nicki's Reef
Sweet Girl Design
Nicole Rennell

And stay tuned for some more reveals in the next weeks. I am participating in Lori's 3rd BSBP and I am all excited about my lovely partner and the beads I am going to get.

11 Response to "Amy's Treasury Challenge - The blog hop day"

  1. Niky Sayers Says:

    It's really sweet, looks just like a branch from a blossom tree.

  2. Green Shoot Jewellery Designs Says:

    I love the colours or your treasury, you made some lovely pieces to go with it. I adore the ring!
    Deb x

  3. Amy F Says:

    I love it! so delicate!

  4. Palimpa Lim Says:

    Oooooh, so zart und leicht und sommerlich! Zauberhaft!!

  5. Unknown Says:

    Gorgeous!! Love it.

  6. Noemi Says:

    They are so unique!

  7. Christine Says:

    They are both so pretty!!

  8. Unknown Says:

    I love the technique you used for the necklace. I love the ring so much I am going to go look for something I can do the same thing to, lol!

  9. elisabeth Says:

    Oooo, I love both. I love how both make statement but aren't crazy heavy or overloaded with stuff. Great job!

  10. Shirley Says:

    Beautiful and delicate is what comes to mind, looking at the necklace. Such a pretty design. I love the green in that ring! Great idea!

  11. Anonymous Says:

    Very pretty! You really captured the garden essence! That ring is awesome!!