I have made a statement

There will be no traditional ABS Carnival Blogger Post in June, due to a lot of us bloggers being busy with Bead and Button Show. The unfortunate ones that don't get to go have decided (under the lead of the talented Cindy Gimbrone) to fill the empty space by creating a tribute piece to Bead and Button show: a statement necklace.

Now my statement contains neither a lot of beads nor a lot of buttons, but a lot of wire. For me, it is a true statement though. It is large. It is pink. It contains those wonderful etched lampwork beads from Mermaid Glass.





I tried to get out of my comfort zone (everything I make is small and more delicate), thinking that I will probably never wear this. And guess what? I really love it. It hangs wonderfully around the neck and collarbone, plus it is a totally new shape for me.


Are you curious about more statements? Visit all the blogs below:

Cindy Dolezal Designs

Cindy Gimbrone

Intuitive Sparks by Christine Hansen

Island Girl's Insights

Janel Dudley

Jeannie's Blog

Jen Velasquez

Sharon's Jewelry Garden

Kate Clawson

Marcie Abney

Mary Harding

9 Response to "I have made a statement"

  1. Mary Harding Says:

    What a lovely necklace. I like the shape and the color and the wire wrapped around the scallops. I think Cindy was so brilliant in coming up with this idea. It is such fun.

  2. Unknown Says:

    Ooooh, can we get a picture of you wearing the necklace? Awesome job!

  3. steufel Says:

    Klasse Kette und die Fotos sind super geworden! LG Stefanie

  4. Chris Hansen Says:

    Nicki, I love your statement piece - the wire and the pink, and those adorable lampwork beads...v-e-r-y v-e-r-y cool!

  5. Islandgirl Says:

    Really nice wire work... Bet it looks nice on!

  6. Kate Says:

    Nicki, I love it! reminds me of a mermaids necklace! :)Great wire work!

  7. Patty Says:

    It's delightful and feminine, and Laurie's beads are great with it!

  8. Cindy Gimbrone Says:

    YAY to you Nicki for stepping outside your comfort zone and finding you love it! Wire is my first love and you've created a beautiful pattern with the wire. Bravo! Thaks for participating!

  9. Malin de Koning Says:

    This necklace is super nice!
    Brave to get out of your comfort zone. I feel like I first have to understand what my comfort zone is before I can leave it. That's where I am. So ...

    Have to also take the oppurtunity to thank you for tipping me about the Bead Soup Party. I am so very happy I joined!