Instant happiness


I knew it before, but somehow it struck me another time today. If I get a little beading in my daily rountine and make something (even the most simple design) it provides me with instant happiness. I felt tired and mentally stuck those past weeks, and often could not motivate myself for the most simple things. So as promised, baby was cooperative today, took a nap at lunchtime, and in a half hour I made this bracelet.

Now look at this. It is red. It has a heart. This is so not me. Maybe it was because I was wearing red pants today (do you have days when you realize one colkor attracts your attention? I only realized it because these past months I dressed myself and the baby in the same color without realizing, and figured it out only when people asked me....)

I like it. It's cute and simple (it was a short nap, so I did not have a lot of time to go through my stash upstairs, but had to work with what was sitting down here closeby).

Then after I was so motivated I went to the home improvement store and picked up the Dremel Versaflame we ordered for my birthday (enameled beads, headpins, here I come). Strangely enough when a woman with a baby shows up the only thing that three (yes 3!) guys had to say: " oh, so you will make Creme Brulee tonight!" with a big smile that kind of went away when I said "No I need to melt some silver".

After that I went to the garden center and bought three cart loads of flower, then came home, cut the hedge, cleaned out the weeds in the veggie garden, and then bathed the baby.

Beading provides instant happiness and energy. And tomorrow I will meet with Stefanie and we will play a bit with our beads. Stay tuned for pictures.

4 Response to "Instant happiness"

  1. Lori P Says:

    ooh, very pretty, even if it is hearty and red. :) I love the mix of silver and beads. Have fun tomorrow.

  2. steufel Says:

    Klasse geworden! Und das Bild im Baumarkt kann ich mir lebhaft vorstellen. Mich kennen sie da fast schon und irgendwie habe ich das Gefühl, sie verstecken sich, wenn ich auf sie zusteuere. Bis nachher - wir freuen uns!

  3. Rebecca Says:

    Good work! A productive day. I like those, when you can look back and say, I have ticked lots of boxes today :-) And red is great. I love it but also for me, it is not a colour I often work with. Maybe I will dig out my red beads today......

    Oh and PS, I will put your name in the hat for the book tomorrow - is that right? You bloged about it but didn't leave a comment!

  4. Cindy Says:

    So pretty! I agree...completing a quick jewelry project is so fulfilling and brings happiness. And not easy to do with a baby on the verge of waking up at any moment!